1.The first step is to define the leave types. Under <Employees> click on the 'Leave' module. Select 'Leave Types' to add a new one, fill in all the fields then 'Save'.
Different staff are eligible to different leave types. This is specified under <Use types> when adding the leave types. This will pick all staff under the specified category of use type, as indicated on the image above.
The leave types are defined and added depending on an organization's definitions.
To edit leave types, double click on the record and edit.
2. The system allows the user to add leave types to each employee depending on the leave types they are entitled to.
Where leave days are carried over from a previous year, the days are indicated here.
3. The system allows the employee to apply for leave. Under <Service Desk> click on 'Leave Application'
Once updated, check the record and select 'Apply for Leave' on the dropdown menu and click the 'Action' button
4. Once an employee has applied for leave, the application is sent to the admin for approval. Under <Service Desk> click on 'Approvals' to approve the leave application. Select a specific application, then select 'Approve' on the dropdown menu and click the 'Action' button.
5. a. The dashboard is then updated to show the date that the employee will be on leave.
b. A leave summary report will be generated. This is a summary of the leave balances for each leave type. See the balance report here.
Note: that the report shows the deducted days after approval, from the initial number of allowed days per leave type.
6. a. To generate a leave report, click on 'Leave' under <Reports> menu item which is under HR.
Select a year whose reports you want to view and click the 'Report' button.
b. To view a detailed report on leaves, click on the second 'Leave' tab
c. To view the leave balance report,click on the 'Leave Balance' tab and specify the type then click the 'Report' button.
Other HCM Features